GtkTextView and paste_clipboard signal

Hi!

I'm trying to get a notification on when the user pastes text into my
buffer, but I can't get the paste_clipboard signal to work.

static void
paste_clipboard(console_t *con, void *dummy)
{
        fprintf(stderr, "pasting!\n");
}

[...]

g_signal_connect_swapped(G_OBJECT(con->textview), "paste_clipboard",
                         G_CALLBACK(paste_clipboard), con);

I would have expected to see a "pasting!" on stderr each time the user
pastes (either by middle-clicking or hits C-v).

Am I missing something? I tried the other clipboard-signals
(cut_clipboard and copy_clipboard), but neither of them worked.

(Gtk+ 2.4.14, Linux 2.6.10)

/Jesper