A scripting language purely based on GLib and GObject.

Hi,

I would like to get feedback from people regarding whether it would be
a good idea implementing an Object-Oriented scripting language on top
of GLib and GObject. In fact, is there such a project out there that
does that currently?

What I'm basically talking about is a stripped down version of Python
that is built on top of GObject and uses all the features provided by
GLib only. That way the complete GTK+ platform could be accompanied by
its own scripting language.

I'm developing a simulator for real-time scheduling algorithms and
queueing systems. It needs some scripting capability and Python is a
bit too big for what I need although I've used Python and PyGTK to
implement a prototype simulator in Python. I'm now porting that
prototype to C using GObject simply for performance reasons. In the
process of doing so it occurred to me that there is scope for a simple
scripting language that makes using GObject just that little bit less
tedious while exposing all its features more efficiently than a Python
language binding.

This is just an idea and any feedback would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Alif.

--
"Heaven is the peaceful place on earth...New Zealand."
     -- Alif Wahid.