gtk_disable_setlocale

Hi,
I want to use stock items in my application always in "plain english"
that means no matter what you have configured in your machine, you
always have your buttons and menus in english.
Looking in docs, I'd found the gtk_disable_setlocale function. But  I
can't understand how it works because I have my machine in
"Spanish-Argentina"  and gets my stock items in spanish no matter if
this function runs before gtk_init or not.
¿Is there another way to do what I want?

TIA

Jorge Monsalvo
Argentina
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.