Re: Specialized TreeView.

On Wed, 5 Jan 2005 17:18:37 -0800 (PST), Harring Figueiredo
[...]
Hmm,
    After reading the tutorial I have a much better idea about how
treeviews work, but still I'm a little insecure; this is what I think
I should do to achieve my goal:

 - Create a GtkTreeStore with, lets say 5 columns; each of G_TYPE_STRING
 - Write a custom cell renderer that draws something different depending on
   what string was passed:
      "pixbuf: ...location"
      "string: string to write"

So one row could look like:

"pixbuf: jacketfile", "string: AC/DC bla \n bla bla", "string: 1/10", "", ""

And its child row could look like:

"string: AC/DC featured albums", "pixbuf: album1", "pixbuf: album2",
"pixbuf: album3", ""

While they would all be columns of the same "type" (G_TYPE_STRING), the
custom cell renderer will treat it differently because of the string content.

If the treeview is "fixed_height_mode" FALSE, then the slim "song title" rows
wont get expanded to fit the heigh of the ultra sized "featured albums" rows

What kind of impact will this have on the width ?
I noticed there is no "fixed_width_mode" on treeviews, does this mean that
I'm stuck with a fixed column width across rows ?

If thats the case, does it make sence to write it with one column of type
G_TYPE_STRING and a custom cell renderer that parses a string which
represents the entire row ?

Cheers,
                                                                 -Tristan