Specialized TreeView.

Hi all,
    I would like to use a treeview (and mvc friends) to display a list
of musical content (album names, album covers, song names, artist
names etc), the lists may vary from 3 or 4 to 3000 or 4000 rows.

I think that the treeview solution is the right solution for this because
it will probably be the most efficient with system resources
(i.e. a GtkScrolledWindow with a 2000 member GtkVBox containing
images, labels and buttons just sounds insane to me).

I'm wondering if I can get a high enough level of versatility with the
treeview MVC thingamajig.

Here is a misc. example of the kind of feature I'll have to implement:

/----------------------------------------------\
| ###    AC/DC: Thunderstruck          1/10    |
| ###   (www.recordlabel.com)                  |
|----------------------------------------------|
| ###    James Brown: Funky drummer    2/10    |
| ###   (www.recordlabel.com)                  |
|----------------------------------------------|
| ###    Beatles (the): Number 9       3/10    |
| ###   (www.recordlabel.com)                  |
|----------------------------------------------|
|   Featured albums     #####  #####  #####    |
|   from Beatles (the): #####  #####  #####    |
|                       #####  #####  #####    |
|----------------------------------------------|
| ###    Herbie Hancock: Rock it       4/10    |
| ###   (www.recordlabel.com)                  |
\----------------------------------------------/

Ok, lets pretend that your browser/mail client didn't evily garble up
my ascii with non-fixed fonts (like my gmail account/firefox does, grrrr),
The `#' groups are meant to represent a thumbnail of a album jacket
image.

The point is, I will inevidably need to display one row of a predefined
format:
 [Pixbuf album cover, Text artist-song-label, Text Popularity]

And optionaly have the child expand in another format:
[Text: "Featured artist:", Pixbuf: album1, Pixbuf: album2, Pixbuf: album3....]

Cheers,
                                                           -Tristan