Numeric keypad on win32 (GTK 2.6.9)

Gabriele Greco writes:
If "num lock" is selected the linux port give the events:
GDK_KP_0 .. GDK_KP_9 while the win32 version gives GDK_0 .. GDK_9.

I am not 100% sure, but I think it used to be (long ago) that you got
GDK_KP_* on Win32, too, but then somebody complained about it and
wanted them as normal digit events ;-) In the gdkevents-win32.c in the
old gtk-1-3-win32-production branch there is a comment that says:

          /* Apparently applications work better if we just pass numpad digits
           * on as real digits? So wait for the WM_CHAR instead.
           */

Are you sure the behaviour you see on Linux happens on all important
Linux distributions and/or most Linux X server versions? What about
other Unixes?

--tml