Re: How to remove close button "x" from title bar of the window

On Sat, Aug 20, 2005 at 03:43:19PM +0530, sadhees kumar wrote:

                    There is one more big problem that im facing in my
gtk+ .I have created a mainwindow & many popup windows.The problem is
that i dont want the " X " (close) button & " \/ " (options)button in
the right and left of the window bar at the top, but i want the name
bar of that window.

This is a window manager setting.  App developers can give
window managers some hints what kind windows are of (e.g.
with gtk_window_set_type_hint), but user has the last word.
If I tell my window manager to put close buttons on all
window title bars, they will all have close buttons.  If
I tell my window manager I don't want title bar on some
window, it won't have any title bar.  And window manager
usually allow to close windows with a keyboard shortcut too,
so you have to handle delete events correctly anyway.

To conclude, this is not under app developer control nor
anything you should really care of.

Yeti