Re: Cannot hide dialog until signal handler exits

On 8/13/05, Pseudo Nym <pseudo nym ukgateway net> wrote:
The signal handler for a button in my main window launches a file
chooser dialog, then processes the selected files.
I try to hide the dialog during processing with 'gtk_widget_hide
(dialog);' but this does not take effect until the signal handler exits.
Is there a way to hide the dialog immediately to show the progress bar
in the underlying window?

just destroy the dialog before starting the long processing routine
(save needed variables before).