Problems compiling on OS X

Hello all,
I've got an application I've been working on for a bit on Linux and
which compiles and runs fine on my Linux desktop. However when I try to
compile it on my new PowerBook laptop the compile fails in the final
linking phase with the following error:

ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _locale_charset
/sw/lib/libiconv.dylib(localcharset.o) definition of _locale_charset
/sw/lib/libintl.dylib(localcharset.lo) definition of _locale_charset
ld: warning suggest use of -bind_at_load, as lazy binding may result in
errors or different symbols being used
ld: Undefined symbols:
_g_filename_display_basename
__ZN6TagLib3MPC4FileC1EPKcbNS_15AudioProperties9ReadStyleE
__ZN6TagLib4FLAC4FileC1EPKcbNS_15AudioProperties9ReadStyleE
__ZN6TagLib4MPEG4FileC1EPKcbNS_15AudioProperties9ReadStyleE
__ZN6TagLib6StringC1EPKcNS0_4TypeE
__ZN6TagLib6StringD1Ev
__ZN6TagLib6Vorbis4FileC1EPKcbNS_15AudioProperties9ReadStyleE
__ZN6TagLib7FileRef6createEPKcbNS_15AudioProperties9ReadStyleE
__ZNK6TagLib6String9toCStringEb
__ZNSt24__default_alloc_templateILb1ELi0EE10deallocateEPvm
__ZNSt24__default_alloc_templateILb1ELi0EE12_S_force_newE
__ZNSt24__default_alloc_templateILb1ELi0EE12_S_free_listE
__ZNSt24__default_alloc_templateILb1ELi0EE22_S_node_allocator_lockE
__ZNSt24__default_alloc_templateILb1ELi0EE8allocateEm
__ZNSt24__default_alloc_templateILb1ELi0EE9_S_refillEm
__ZNSt8ios_base4InitC1Ev
__ZNSt8ios_base4InitD1Ev
__ZSt17__throw_bad_allocv
__ZTVN10__cxxabiv117__class_type_infoE
__ZdaPv
__ZdlPv
__Znwm
symbol _locale_charset used from dynamic
library /sw/lib/libiconv.dylib(localcharset.o) not from earlier dynamic
library /sw/lib/libintl.1.dylib(localcharset.lo)
make: *** [app] Error 1

All packages have been installed with fink on OS X 10.4.2. GTK+ should
be working as gaim, installed via fink, runs without any particular
problems.
Google shows that this I'm not the only one to have encountered this
error, but I've been incapable of finding a solution to the problem, but
it seems that this might be a circular dependency issue.

Does anyone here know how I might be able to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance,
Arne
:wq