Re: Unicode text Direction Detection

Gaurav Jain wrote:

Could you give me some tips on how to go about implementing a "naive"
version of such an algorithm?  Suppose I have a unicode character,
what's the simplest way to know if it is a LTR directional character
or a RTL directional character?

Try http://crl.nmsu.edu/~mleisher/ucdata.html. That will give you a simple implementation for testing character properties (RTL, LTR, etc.).
Mark Leisher
Computing Research Lab            Frantic orthodoxy is never rooted in
New Mexico State University       faith but in doubt. It is when we are
Box 30001, MSC 3CRL               unsure that we are doubly sure.
Las Cruces, NM  88003               -- Reinhold Niebuhr (1892-1971)