Re: Signal when the content of a GtkEntry is changed

On August 16, 2005 09:03 pm, John Coppens wrote:
On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 16:48:35 -0700

Bill Medland <billmedland mercuryspeed com> wrote:
(I wish the API actually documented this stuff).  Can you
expand on "and such"?  I could build an experiment and try
to find out, but I would rather hear what the designers
intended it to do.

Me too. The docs on such mundain events are rather poor.
Strangely, the PyGTK docs seem better (this is not the first
time I found this):

Yeh; I noticed that too.

The "activate" signal is emitted when the entry is activated
either by user action (pressing the Enter key) or
programmatically with the gtk.Widget.activate() method

And to expand event further, for the record:
The signal is emitted even if gtk_entry_set_activates_default (w,
TRUE) has been called so that pressing the Enter key activates
the window's default widget.
The signal is not sent as a result of change in keyboard focus
(such as pressing tab or a cursor key).

John