Re: I don't think I need a custom widget

Greg Breland wrote:
I'm sure I can handle the display part without a creating a custom
widget, but can I handle the interactive part without resorting to
creating a new widget based on the GTK widget?  I have about 26
different widgets I need to do this for and I don't want to have to
create 26 custom derived widgets unless I have to.

Maybe you should write one custom GtkContainer for each type
of container you need to put those widgets in.

The problem is really about the container widget and the
allocation it gives to its child, also what child properties
are involved (like attatch coordinates in a GtkTable, or
position coordinates in a GtkFixed).

The container can then easily add an event handler for all
of its child handlers and return FALSE if it didn't resize
anything.

Cheers,
                        -Tristan