Re: GTK Coding Conventions

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 22:45 -0400, Vladislav Grinchenko wrote:
On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 07:12, Rick Sutphin wrote:
Thanks for the response. I appreciate the suggestion. I was hoping for
something along the lines of an object oriented 'HelloWorld' example (I
am not a very experinenced coder).

I am currently working through the GObject tutorial.

Why bother? Head straight to the Gtkmm web site:
http://gtkmm.sourceforge.net/

Speaking about "GTK Coding Conventions" your assertion on jumping
straight to C++ based bindings sounds quite weird.

GTK is coded in C, and to learn GTK internals - that's what Rick asked
for - the better is to use C and no bindings.

The OO nature of gtk have nothing to do with OO languages, and it's
implemented in plain/pretty C code.

My recommendation is, if you want to learn the most on GTK internals,
don't use gtkmm, use gtk.

Use gtkmm if you like C++ and you want good C++ bindings.
--
Iago Rubio