Output-only window...

I'm guessing that what I want to do can only be achieved with X11 directly, though I thought I'd enqure
anyhow...

I'd like to draw a small window on the screen, shaped so it only uses as much space as it needs.  But, I
don't want it to respond to mouse clicks or anything.  In fact, you should be able to click right through it
as though it's not even there (there'll be another window actually controlling it anyhow).

The perfect case, would be if I could make it transparent, though I don't think that's possible just yet, so
I'll settle for making it small and mostly out of the way, and preferably being able to click through it.

Anyone have any suggestions on where to go looking for further info, and what impact such things might have
on the GTK widgets it'll be displaying?

Fredderic

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com