help for combobox

hello,

1) I am using the combobox in my application now i want the functionality
that whenever user types in the combobox the selection changes in the
list.......accordingly....Am i supposed to use the change signal for the
combobox ??? If yes than what am i supposed to write in the that signal
callback of the combobox that will help me to change the selection in the
combobox list as the combobox is a heirarchical structure.....If anyone has
the sample code or any thing please help me so i can proceed to that......

2) Also wanted to ask how to check that user has selected the option in the
combobox and then only he is allowed to proceed....accordingly....??? Am i
supposed to use the activate signal over here ??? Please help with this
also....

bye