Re: pack a window in a window

Am Mon, 27 Sep 2004 18:50:50 +0200 schrieb Maciej Katafiasz:

Dnia 26-09-2004, nie o godzinie 01:26 +0200, Lourens van der Vliet
napisa__:
Could anyone tell me how to pack a GtkWindow in a GtkBox. I would
like
to use this feature to build a program just like a Druid.

Err, you can't do this. GtkWindow is by definition top-level window in
host windowing system, and can't be packed into other container.
Besides, I don't really get your idea, what would that be useful for?

Perhaps it's not gtk related. But some time ago a saw a X application
that could nest other X windows. As I remember there exist also a Gnome
applet that does this. So perhaps your problem has a solution with
plain X programming.

regards
Andreas