Re: pack a window in a window

Dnia 27-09-2004, pon o godzinie 19:32 +0200, Andreas Volz napisał:
Could anyone tell me how to pack a GtkWindow in a GtkBox. I would
like
to use this feature to build a program just like a Druid.

Err, you can't do this. GtkWindow is by definition top-level window in
host windowing system, and can't be packed into other container.
Besides, I don't really get your idea, what would that be useful for?

Perhaps it's not gtk related. But some time ago a saw a X application
that could nest other X windows. As I remember there exist also a Gnome
applet that does this. So perhaps your problem has a solution with
plain X programming.

Yeah, but that's not exactly what GTK was intended for. You can do
things like that, but they belong firmly in hacks department. For all
purposes of GTK+ user, GtkWindow is toplevel. If not, then you should be
looking somewhere else (GDK has some obscure function for this kind of
trickery I think, but I don't really know)

Cheers,
Maciej

--
"Tautologizm to coś tautologicznego"