Re: atk compiled using msvc6

I think it should be a goal for gtk developers especially on windows to
lower the file size a bit due to the fact that the status quo is to
include gtk in the distribution with you application. I pushed gtk for a
project I am working on thinking it would be very simple to just use an
existing gtk installation on a machine or provide a link to one and have
a very small executable download since I am used to developing on linux.
However I am now most likely going to include gtk with the distribution
of the application and am copping slack for the large size it is going
to add.

On Wed, 2004-09-15 at 04:12, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
 > I compiled atk and the dll file has only 45kB. does this mean that Tor's
 > atk dll which has 185kB has debug informations ?

It is compiled without -g, but it does have some symbols left
anyway. But stripping those still leaves its size at 124416 bytes, so
I don't understand how you can get it to be just 45 kB size?

 > this gives hope that gtk runtime environment for windows can take less
 > hard disk space.

As long as we aren't talking about orders of magnitude, I doubt
minimizing the disk space required for an installation is a goal for
GTK developers...

--tml