GTK theme engine path

I had GTK running on OSX through an X11 window. I wanted meld, so I used fink commander to download it, but there were dependencies. I told fink to go for it. Six hours later, I apparently have most of gnome. I don't care either way. But when I launch my gtk apps, I now get a warning about not finding the themes (at least I hope it's that simple). Or by "theme engine" does it mean that it can't find the application to parse the themes? I assume I need to set a path, but I don't know where that's located nowadays.

Here's the warning, by the way.  It repeats about 10 times.
(gct:655): Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate theme engine in module_path: "pixmap",

Can anyone tell me which file the path is located in, or if that doesn't appear to be the problem, what I should do?

Thanks,
Brian