GtkText Newbie

Hi,
I'm a very newbie of GTK develop world.
I use an open-source GTK application and I  would like to make it more comfortable.
I've noticed that it uses a GtkText to display its informations, but I don't like  how it does it.
The text appears too near the left border, I'll prefer some "internal padding" (space between the border and
the first character displayed), but I don't know how to do it.

Is There a "right way" to do it? (an API method)

I thought two tricks to do it:
-A Container of the same background color.
-Beginning any new line with spaces (problems with copy&paste)

But I wanna know about the "right way".

Thanks in Advance,

Dalamar, GTK Newbie.