GtkText Newbie

Hi,
I'm a very newbie of GTK programming, but I would like
to learn something about it.
I use an open-source Gtk-based application, but I
don't like its appereance.
I've noticed that the its GtkText doesn't have any
"internal padding" (space between the left border and
the first character of any line).

I' dont know how introduce this padding in a "proper
way", I don't know if there's a "proper way" to do it
(a specific API method)... What's the "proper way" ?

I thought about two tricks to do it:
1)Inserting spaces in any newline (it creates problems
in copy&paste)
2)Putting the GtkText in a Container with the same
background colour.
But I prefer to know your opinion.

Akela

Scopri Mister Yahoo! - il fantatorneo sul calcio di Yahoo! Sport
http://it.seriea.fantasysports.yahoo.com/