Re: Quick into to porting to Win32...

John Cupitt wrote:

Do you really need to do this? If you put your_app.exe in the same
folder as the gtk .dlls (and as part of the tree of files including
/etc and /share) then I think they will link and then discover their
data files automatically. I distribute an app this way and have a full
gtk environment, including themes, fontconfig, i18n etc. with no
registry keys and no installer. It'll even run directly off a USB
keyring.

The downside is that users can't move the .exe outside the tree of
files. But they can make shortcuts to it if they want.
Yes, you can put your exe in GTK's lib directory, but that is not a logic place to keep executables.

If you donot want to create registry keys, you can set StartIn path in shortcut to your application to GTK's lib directory. Also, you can install GTK in Common Files and add lib directory path to your PATH enviroment variable (Right click on My Computer and so on, if I am not wrong about that)

Goran Rakic