Quick into to porting to Win32...

Okay...  I've seen plenty of discussion on several ways to write a GTK+ program on Windows.

What I want to know, is for someone who reboots his computer into Windows XP maybe once every 30-40 days to
play Civilization III, Warcraft III, or Diablo II, for a few hous (yeah, I know, I should get myself WineX
someday, then I'd never have to boot to Windows :) ), what's the easiest way for me to get one of my personal
GTK+ 2.x creations running under Windows, and in a form which I can easily install on a friends machine
thereafter.  I dont' want to stuff around with installers, just want something where I'll be able to install
the neccesary libaries and run the program with minimal fuss.  Oh, and I want to spend as little time as
possible in XP.  ;)

From reading this group I get the impression GTK+ 2.x isn't really up to speed on Windows.  But this is a
simple program, so as long as the basics function, it should be okay.  If not, by the time I figure out all
the little bits that need to be changed to get the program to work on Windows, GTK+ 6.x should be running
flawlessly on Windows 2007 (which will probably be released sometime in 2009).  ;)

Fredderic

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com