Re: disable FileChooser elements?

Welcome,

Here is the code I use:

  file_dialog = gtk_file_selection_new(file_options[file_option]);

  gtk_widget_hide(file_dialog->history_pulldown);
  gtk_widget_hide(file_dialog->selection_entry);
  gtk_widget_hide(file_dialog->selection_text);
  gtk_widget_hide(file_dialog->dir_list->parent);
  gtk_file_selection_hide_fileop_buttons(file_dialog);

Gets rid of alot of stuff.... The only thing thats left is the okay and cancel
buttons.

Jimmy

Hi all.

I'm new to GTK and the list, so please bear with me.

Our application currently uses FileSelection with several of its widgets
disabled / hidden.  For example, we disable folder selection because we
restrict all data to a specific directory, and don't want the user
open/saving in a different location.

With FileSelection it was relatively easy to disable various elements
contained in the dialog we didn't want, a la:

fsel = gtk_file_selection_new(...yadda yadda...);
gtk_file_selection_hide_fileop_buttons(GTK_FILE_SELECTION(fsel));
gtk_widget_hide(GTK_FILE_SELECTION(fsel)->history_pulldown );
gtk_widget_hide(GTK_FILE_SELECTION(fsel)->selection_entry );
gtk_widget_hide(GTK_FILE_SELECTION(fsel)->selection_text );

I'd like to migrate to a FileChooserDialog (or FileChooserWidget) but I
can't seem to figure out how to gain access to the necessary pointers
(as defined in gtkfilechooserdefault.c) to accomplish the same thing:

  GtkWidget *browse_shortcuts_tree_view;
  GtkWidget *browse_shortcuts_add_button;
  GtkWidget *browse_shortcuts_remove_button;

Thoughts?

-Doug