Re: how to use progress bar with file transfer

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 07:42:07 +0200
"gtk rapp-informatik de" <gtk rapp-informatik de> wrote:

HI
who can give me a working example how to use the progress bar
to show longer copy transfer amount of bytes to a file or devive
I have no idea how to get this informations calling  cpio or tar.
Or is ther another solution?
C examples are wellcome.

Thanks
Günther

Hallo Günther.

I'd suggest you read in the "GLib Reference Manual", about IO Channels.
These utilities kind of standardize file access, and permit you to define
your IO operations asynchronously. You can -fairly easily- define a
callback function which gets called each time a chunk of file gets
transferred, so you can provide a new chunk (and update your progress
bar).

John

--
R=I+S  Rapp Informatik Systeme GmbH
       Rosenbühlstr. 24

PS:
Senden Sie mir bitte keine Anhänge in Microsoft (.DOC, .PPT) Format
Bitte lesen Sie
http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachmentsi.de.html
Please don't send me any attachment in Microsoft (.DOC, .PPT) format
please Read http://www.fsf.org/philosophy/no-word-attachments.html