Re: GtkTreeStore manipulation

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 14:39:29 -0500, Tristan Van Berkom
<tristan van berkom gmail com> wrote:
You should be able to get the GtkTreeIter for "patti" (under "burger")
and for "cheese", you can use gtk_tree_store_move_after() or
gtk_tree_store_move_before().

Is there a way to do that if there is no patti or bread ?

    I tried using gtk_tree_store_move_after() while inserting a "dummy"
iterator, using it as a reference point (to move_after), and then removing it,
the problem is that I need to be able to take an arbitrary part of the tree and
reparent it, using this technique I get:
    "Gtk-WARNING **: Given childs are not in the same level"
whenever the childs aren't at the same treestore level.

I'm trying to use gtk_tree_store_remove () followed by gtk_tree_store_append()
and I'm not getting good results, but that might be the fault of my code, I hope
that the children of the iter that I'm reparenting will follow, but I
am more and
more afraid that I will have to reconstruct my GtkTreeStore from scratch every
time it changes, Is that normal ?

Cheers,
                                                      -Tristan