Re: GTK+2 & Windows

On Tue, 25 May 2004, Tor Lillqvist wrote:

Alf C Stockton writes:
 > I am now getting Gtk-ERROR** Incompatible Build when I attempt to
 > run my Linux developed application on Windows.

 > Suggestions and or help please.

Doesn't the message say what to do? This message comes from this
g_error() call:

    g_error ("Incompatible build!\n"
           "The code using GTK+ thinks GtkWindow is of different\n"
             "size than it actually is in this build of GTK+.\n"
           "On Windows, this probably means that you have compiled\n"
           "your code with gcc without the -fnative-struct\n"
           "(or -mms-bitfields) switch, or that you are using\n"
           "an unsupported compiler.");

I.e. you need to compile your source code with the -mms-bitfields gcc
switch.

Thank you for this suggestion but when I attempt it by adding the -mms-bitfields
to the linker options I still get "Incompatible build!" & when I add it to the
compiler switches I get output filename specified twice from cc1.exe.

I get the same effect if I use -fnative-struct so now I am really confused.

---

Regards,
Alf Stockton    www.stockton.co.za

When I said "we", officer, I was referring to myself, the four young
ladies, and, of course, the goat.