Intensity Interpolation

Hello,

This is more of an applied GTK question:

I was wondering if anyone knew here I could get some information about
intensity interpolation eg. Gouraud shading. I'm trying to make a colour
scale in a GtkDrawingArea: I have two GdkColours, and I'm trying to figure
out some reasonable way to interpolate the colour that are between these two.
Traditionally I've done this in a linear fashion, however I've been reading
about Gouraud shading
        see: http://www.fastgraph.com/help/gouraud_shading.html for a picture
but I can't seem to find how to do it (or for that matter how it really works)
in a colour scale applications.

Sincerely,
Matthew
--