Re: Window Move Event?

On Sunday 07 March 2004 06:33, Pat Suwalski wrote:

I'm writing a program and hoping to keep track of window positions via
GConf.

Basically, whenever a window is moved, I want to update the configuration.

It seems I've tried just about every event signal available to catch the
event. Catching a resize is straightforward, but catching a move is less
obvious. I'd rather not just catch "event," since that happens very
frequently.

Isn't the 'configure-event' what you're looking for?

I'd just call

   gtk_window_get_position(GTK_WINDOW(mainwindow), &x, &y)

or so within the 'configure-event' callback (but I'm not sure how hackish this
is).

Cheers
 -Tim