Re: Tab stops in GtkTextView

Hey

Ok small nub question, but by "tab stops" u mean "tabs". You could use
GtkSourceView, it has that implemented.

Regards,
Archit Baweja

Nghia <nho optushome com au> writes:

Hello all,

The search option for the mailing list seems to be broken so bear with
me if this was asked before.

I'm trying to implement tab stops in the GtkTextView widget for layout
purposes. This is what I've done so far with no effect whatsoever.

tab_array = pango_tab_array_new_with_positions(2, FALSE, 100,
PANGO_TAB_LEFT, 200, PANGO_TAB_LEFT);
gtk_text_view_set_tabs(GTK_TEXT_VIEW(info_text), tab_array);
gtk_text_buffer_insert(info_text_buf, &iter, "AAAA  \t BBBB \t CCCC", -1);

I get no compiler or run-time warnings. The tabs just don't seem to
take effect they're always a fixed width (about a few characters). Am
I suppose to be using \t for tabs?

Has this feature been implemented yet?

Thanks