Re: Accessible Labels

Billy Biggs wrote:
  Hi Russell, thanks for replying.

Russell Shaw (rjshaw netspace net au):

  I could just use a label and it would look fine and give the behaviour
I want.  The problem is controlling when it will be read by a screen
reader.  It seems like using a text area would make the user experience
really intuitive for a visually impaired user.

  That said, I could implement my own widget that supports the use I
want, my question is whether this is something worth supporting in Gtk+
itself, or is my use case invalid for some other reason.

How it should be done should probably be in the gnome user interface
guidelines (which i haven't read;). If it's short on details, you could
probably improve upon it with your own additions.