Packing a Text and Pixbuf renderer into the same cell of a tree view

Does anyone have some sample code for this? I've found lots of text that says
'just pack a pixbuf renderer and a text renderer into the same cell'. But I
don't understand how you set which pixbuf to display in each cell for these
two cases:

1.      Where a column has the same image displayed next to the text in each cell,
and

2.      Where a column has a different image displayed next to the text in each
cell.

Pointers and (especially) sample code would be much appreciated.

Thanks.