icon size in toolbar

I'd like to have a vertical toolbar, that does not scale the icons.
This should only apply to one toolbar, not to all.

The only way i've found to change the icon size is:

    /* gtk_icon_size_register("MyToolbar", 40, 40) doesnt work */

The problems are:
- this applies to all toolbars.
- it doesnt allow me to set user defined sizes, the error is:
  > GLib-GObject-WARNING **: value "((GtkIconSize) 7)" of type
  > `GtkIconSize' is invalid or out of range for property
  > `gtk-toolbar-icon-size' of type `GtkIconSize'

So, is there a way to set the icon size of one single toolbar object to
a user defined value?