g_io_channel_write_chars returns G_IO_STATUS_NORMAL although no connection

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with g_io_channel_write_chars() returning G_IO_STATUS_NORMAL although the server side I connect to (tcp socket) is down.

The iochannel is set as follows:
- NULL encoding
- no buffering
- G_IO_FLAG_NONBLOCK set

When I connect to the server and send some data, then stop the server the next call to g_io_channel_write_chars() succeeds, and only the next after that get's "Broken Pipe" which the client catches. So I'm loosing data.

I'm running RedHat Linux 9 (Intel), tested with glib 2.2.1 and 2.4.2.

Any hints on that?

Thanks,
Sandro