Re: (no subject) GtkContainers

development said:
Hi guys.. I am developing an application in which a use GnomeCanvas object to draw a color scale. So far I managed how to do this, but now I need to delete those CanvasItems. I have been looking for a function that allows me to destroy the CanvasItem, I read that the correct one is gtk_object_destroy but the problem is that I could not find a way to get access to those CanvasItems. I know that GtkObject has a parent property but I have not seen any gtk_object_get_children ..._child, etc. Also I have noticed that Glade implements a function whichs store children information using g_object_set_data. The big question is: Is there any function that allows me to have access to children objects? Should I implement my own way to store this information?
Thanks in advance for any help...

    Any widget that contains another widget is a GtkContainer, it is
possible that (GTK_IS_BIN(GTK_CONTAINER(widget)) == TRUE), in that case
there is only one child which you can retrieve with `gtk_bin_get_child()'
but you should be able to retrieve it with `gtk_container_get_children()'
anyway, only you will have a one element `GList *' (assuming that GtkBin
behaves properly when you call its
`GTK_CONTAINER_GET_CLASS(gtk_bin)->get_children()' method.

I hope this is enlightening for you :-P

Cheers,
                                  -Tristan