Re: problems with WinXP, Dev-Cpp and GTK+

www.hiebun.com writes:
Now DevCpp is fine but to me win32 Gtk+ have bugs.

Yes. A bugzilla search finds lots of bug reports.

 for (i=0; i<20; i++)
   pthread_create (.., Thread_vdo_display, ..);

Why don't you use the gthread API? Using the pthread-win32 library on
Windows together with GLib has not been tested.

Really Win32 Gtk+ is not for multiple video displaying yet?

I don't think multiple video display (meaning displaying multiple
video streams simultaneously on one display?) has been a design goal.

For video display I would think one would need to use operating system
specific APIs, or windowing system specific APIs, not something
cross-platform like GTK+? Surely you are not displaying multiple video
streams through X11 on Unix, either?

Please let me know where I can get the Gtk+ source and how to compile on
Win32.

ftp://ftp.gtk.org/pub/gtkv2.4/ . As for how to compile it on Win32,
start by reading the README.win32 file.

I prefer Gtk+1.2 but Gtk+2.x are fine.

GTK+ 1.2 is not maintained any longer, and it was never ported to
Windows. WHat most closely resembles GTK+ 1.2 and works on Windows is
called "GTK+ 1.3.0" or "the gtk-1-3-win32-production branch", but that
it not maintained any longer either.

How about g_idle_add() on Win32 Gtk+ 1.2 or 2.x?

Yes, what about it? If you think there is a problem with it, please
open a bug report on bugzilla.gnome.org, with a *minimal* but
*complete* sample program that exhibits the bug.

--tml