Re: Functionalities for backbuffering GtkWidgets drawing?? help!!

crypto_stonelock sympatico ca wrote:
[...]
Jan-Marek gave me a few ideas but i'm still having trouble finding what I need. Does anybody know If anything similar to this bit of code would work? I know this doesn't work but im looking for the code equivalent using GTK instead of GDK. GDK has all I need but I'm using GTK for my widgets...
i'm not directly drawing around in a drawable widget. The
gdk_window_begin_paint_region function draws to a backbuffer and then when gdk_window_end_paint is called, the backbuffer is drawn on screen. GtkWindow doesn't seem to offer these functionalities. Where should I look?

    There is nothing wrong with using gdk in conjunction with gtk,
GtkWindow is a GtkWidget, and (as seen in your code snippet) every
GtkWidget has a (GdkWindow *)GTK_WIDGET(wid)->window (unless ofcourse
it is GTK_NO_WINDOW).

So the code doesn't work you say ?, maybe all expose events need to
be handled before calling gdk_window_end_paint(), you could accomplish
this with either:
 A.)
    while (gtk_events_pending())
          gtk_main_itteration_do(FALSE);

 or probably:
 B.)
    gdk_window_process_all_updates();
    (not sure about this one ...)

Good luck, and please let me know if it worked ;-)

Cheers,
                          -Tristan