Re: newbie directions?

--- Yiannis Gatsoulis <menig leeds ac uk> wrote:

accept my apologies since probably this has been
asked. i have already
looked on the web and the email list for all the
documentation but they
are a bit confusing or most of them are for c++
(using gtkmm).

i am a newbie in Gtk. i am trying to implement a
graphical application
and for that i am using Glade to design the
interface, libglade for the
translation from the xml file and C with gtk-2.0 for
the coding.

Verify that you are using Glade2 with GTK-2.0.

my question is: is there a newbie introductory
tutorial for these.

secondary questions that i am trying to resolve are:
1. is there a way that  glade_get_widget_tree or
smth similar to read
the widget tree from the xml file by passing as an
argument the filename
instead of a GtkWidget so i can retrieve a
particular widget?

Sorry I can not help you here.

2. how can i populate a gtk combo box entry?
preferably from the

GList             *tableNames = NULL;
GtkWidget         *tableCombo;

/* Initialize Table Name Combo Box */
tableCombo = lookup_widget(GTK_WIDGET(mainWindow),
/* lookup_widget routine is provided by glade in
generated file support.c*/

/* tblname is array with names for combo box */
for(i = 0; i < NUMTBLS; i++)
        tableNames = g_list_append(tableNames, tblname[i]);

3. what are the GTK_ENTRY, GTK_EDITABLE, etc? they
seem to me like they
are macros so they perform casting. but where can i
find them?

First, locate gtk-2.0 header files on the system with:
pkg-config --cflags gtk+-2.0

The header files are under <your path>/gtk-2.0/gtk.

sorry for these too newbie questions...

Do you Yahoo!?