RE: Newbie & timing issue

Between warnings this warning program's form must not appear on the screen. ie
The warning will popup and display for a predefined period of time and then
disappear till next time.

Can this be done with gtk+ ?

Yes.

Now the timing issue is something I can handle if this was a console program
so
I am asking if a gtk+ created form can be made to appear and disappear on
requests from the program.

Yes it can.  It would be a GtkWindow or a GtkDialog, either way, it is a GtkWidget and you can use
gtk_widget_hide () and gtk_widget_show () with the window/dialog.

As for timing, I suggest you look into g_timeout_add () unless you already have that covered :)

Regards,
Martyn