Re: gtk 2.4.3 on win32: menu icon problem

On Sat, 3 Jul 2004, I wrote:

The problem: accessing a menu that contains a stock icon (e.g. the file open icon) causes a crash on Windows when the GTK program is run in certain LANG environments. I have tested this under XP, running a trivial test program with one little menu item. It works fine in English, and also if I 'set LANG=it' or 'set LANG=de'.

But if I 'set LANG=es' or 'set LANG=fr' the test app crashes when I touch the menu.

After a fair amount of experimentation, I traced this to the glib20.mo files included in Tor's glib-2.4.2 runtime package,

http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/glib-2.4.2.zip

My XP test system doesn't like them for some reason.

I regenerated the Spanish and French .mo files from the original glib 2.4.2 po files, using msgfmt.exe from gettext 0.13.1, and the crashing problem is gone -- all other aspects of the setup unaltered.

Allin Cottrell