gtk 2.4.3 on win32: menu icon problem

I posted something on this back on May 21: the problem then "went away" when I ensured my gtk-win32 runtime was consistent. Now it seems to be back again after I updated to Tor's current runtime (glib-2.4.2 plus gtk-2.4.3).

The problem: accessing a menu that contains a stock icon (e.g. the file open icon) causes a crash on Windows when the GTK program is run in certain LANG environments. I have tested this under XP, running a trivial test program with one little menu item. It works fine in English, and also if I 'set LANG=it' or 'set LANG=de'.

But if I 'set LANG=es' or 'set LANG=fr' the test app crashes when I touch the menu.

I have double-checked that I'm using the exact intl and iconv dlls referenced on Tor's page

http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/downloads.html

and also that the program was linked against the corresponding .libs and using the corresponding headers. The crash happens both when I 'set LANG' in an XP console, and when I set the language (to Spanish or French) using the Windows Control Panel. It happens without any actual translations being present (no .po files for those languages).

I'm attaching a couple of small files: C source for my test program and a stack trace for a crash.

--
Allin Cottrell
Department of Economics