RE: The Window expose-event with gtk_window_resize() problem:
- From: Jan-Marek Glogowski <glogow fbihome de>
- To: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- Cc: Tom Liu <tom liu flextrade com>, gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: RE: The Window expose-event with gtk_window_resize() problem:
- Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 04:53:08 +0200 (CEST)
On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, Owen Taylor wrote:
On Sat, 2004-07-03 at 01:04, Jan-Marek Glogowski wrote:
I think there might be a problem in the "double buffering" code. If you
gtk_widget_set_double_buffered( window, FALSE );
you get single exposures.
What's a single exposure?
set_double_buffered (widget, FALSE) makes that widget *not*
double buffered. widgets are double buffered by default.
I know - running his example program, on resize I get one exposure just
before and one exposure after the resize. The square is painted twice, but
it seems to different GdkDrawable's - so you get two frames, like this:
It seems that the drawable from the first exposure is drawn on the larger
one, leaving a gap between the two squares - hard to describe. Compile the
code and click on the main window.
Anyway: If you disable the double buffer you just get a single exposure
after the resize, and everything looks ok.
] [Thread Prev