RE: The Window expose-event with gtk_window_resize() problem:

On Fri, 2 Jul 2004, Owen Taylor wrote:

On Sat, 2004-07-03 at 01:04, Jan-Marek Glogowski wrote:
Hi

I think there might be a problem in the "double buffering" code. If you
set

gtk_widget_set_double_buffered( window, FALSE );

you get single exposures.

What's a single exposure?

set_double_buffered (widget, FALSE) makes that widget *not*
double buffered. widgets are double buffered by default.

I know - running his example program, on resize I get one exposure just
before and one exposure after the resize. The square is painted twice, but
it seems to different GdkDrawable's - so you get two frames, like this:

+---++
|   ||
|   ||
+---+|
+----+

It seems that the drawable from the first exposure is drawn on the larger
one, leaving a gap between the two squares - hard to describe. Compile the
code and click on the main window.

Anyway: If you disable the double buffer you just get a single exposure
after the resize, and everything looks ok.

Jan-Marek