Re: Changing the foreground color of a progress bar

On Sun, Feb 29, 2004 at 08:40:48AM +0100, Peter Krueger wrote:
On 28 Feb 2004, Soeren Sandmann wrote:
Use bg/GTK_STATE_PRELIGHT for the color of the bar
Use fg/GTK_STATE_PRELIGHT for the text on the bar
Use bg/GTK_STATE_NORMAL for the trough
Use fg/GTK_STATE_NORMAL for the text on the trough.

If it doesn't work, then you are doing something else wrong.
Hello,
some time ago I read something about a GTK theme that uses a bitmap to
draw some widget elements. The color of those bitmap elements could not be
changed too. This theme was used by default on redhat linux if I remember
correctly. The solution was to disable this theme.

The bluecurve engine renders gradients internally and uses that for
a number of GUI elements. The color of this is controlled by the
spot_color attribute of the engine.

Of course, if one wants finer grained control, one must use a different
engine, or modify bluecurve.