Re: Parallel installation worries...

Harring Figueiredo wrote:
 Tristan,

 What if you link all the libs statically ? Have you tried that ?

I haven't tried it, but I'm not worried about it working either,
    What I guess I really would have liked, is a way to deploy a
shared library that references the libraries it depends on explicitly,
much in the same way as an application does.

I'm sure that with a little `ld' magic I can at least produce a ".so"
that staticly contains glib-2.2.3, (thus providing an api that uses
a new version of glib without providing glib). I think that just
providing the libglib-2.2.a on the command line like a ".o" will do that.

Regards,
                      -Tristan