Re: Parallel installation worries...

 Tristan,

 What if you link all the libs statically ? Have you tried that ?

Harring.
--- Tristan Van Berkom <vantr touchtunes com> wrote:
I wrote:
 +--------------------+
 | monolithic_gui     |
+-----------+  +--------------+
| gtk 1.3.5 |--| newlibrary   |
+-----------+  +--| glib 2.2.3    |
    |             +---------------+
    +                     |
     \____ conflics ?____/
      or wierd behaviour ?

     This is a little off topic anyway (probably a question for the
linker people...), I'll bet the only way to get it to work is

A.) newlibrary must get compiled against the `libglib-2.2.a` file
     staticly.

B.) monolithic_gui must use a strict api provided by newlibrary
     (i.e. g_object_ref() would have to be chained to the newlibrary_api
like:
      newlibrary_object_ref() )

     I think its alot safer if newlibrary has to be written to work with
both versions of glib so that when monolithic_gui gets ported... newlibrary
will already work.

Cheers,
                             -Tristan