what i find lacking in the glade tutorials

hi Rikke

I am quite fluent with C (6 yrs of prog with).
And no, i did not learn as a part of my school curriculum but out of
interest
i used to program in Qt before and since it was in C++, it really used to
help me ( i am more comfortable with C++)

Then i came to know about Qt's license thing.. and i decided to switch to
GTK
As for what i find lacking in the tutorial..  i will give you one example...
suppose i my app has two windows A &B
initially when the app is launched the window A is shown
When the user clicks "OK" window A disappears and window B is shown
A person reading the glade tutorial will be able to draw A & B but will not
be able to accomplish the simple task i mentioned
in the app that you develop in the tutorial, you barely scratch the surface
of UI programming
Just have a look at the Qt tutorial, it covers all the basics,
and anybody who has ever used Qt designer or even VB for that matter can
figure out the things by himself (by reading the GTK docs)
I do not mean to demean you or discourage you in any sense
Infact after i learn Glade/GTK , i would like to volunteer to help you make
a better (and bigger) tutorial (with your permission of course)
Keep up the good work!
Regards
Manish