Re: Changing styles dynamically

On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 13:41, Mike Aubury wrote:
There is a gtk_rc_reparse_all (or something similar) - I've tried that - but
as this is parsed from a string I think its being ignored....

You don't really want to call gtk_rc_parse_string() repeatedly with
different contents, since GTK+ remembers every string you pass
to parse_string().

For what you describe, I think what I'd do is forget about trying
to use a single style, and just keep a list of widgets and walk
over them and call gtk_widget_modify_background. (I assume that
you have event boxes, since labels don't have backgrounds...)

While styles may seem exactly what you want, they really aren't
designed to handle changes; when a theme change occurs in GTK+,
for instance, all widgets get a new style.

Regards,
                                                Owen