Re: Changing styles dynamically

There is a gtk_rc_reparse_all (or something similar) - I've tried that - but
as this is parsed from a string I think its being ignored....

On Thursday 05 February 2004 3:37 pm, Tristan Van Berkom wrote:
Mike Aubury wrote:
Is there any easy way to globally update the style ? (ie without having
to go through every widget using that style)

     I don't know how it works (never done it) but there was discussion
of a gtk-theme-changer application on these lists and apperently the WM
sends an Atom (XAtoms I think ?) See GdkAtoms:

http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/gdk/gdk-Properties-and-Atoms.html

of type READ_RCFILES (or something to that effect) and then gtk+ will
re-read the files already previously parsed by gtk_rc_parse(). (I guess
gtk+ keeps a list of filenames from gtk_rc_parse() for that purpose).

HTH,
                       -Tristan

PS:
    Can anyone tell me where I can find a list of these 'atom's
and what effect they have on gtk+ apps when they are sent/recieved ?