Re: gtk_file_chooser page faults (win32)

Iago Rubio wrote:

On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 09:27, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
And I really would like somebody who understands lawyerspeak to
read the license and make sure there are no clauses preventing the use
of the toolkit to build Free or Open Source software, or software that
competes with Microsoft's products, for instance...

Well, not being a lawyer, I've sawn something that prevents you to use
it in Open Source projects. At least it's my point of view.

"(ii) that the Redistributables only operate in conjunction with
Microsoft Windows platforms"
http://msdn.microsoft.com/visualc/vctoolkit2003/eula.aspx

So if you compile your program with MS tools, and you include any MS
header/object file to ensure your users will be able to compile/run it,
it can't be used out of MS systems ( It can't be used on Linux/Wine as
example ).

It's against OS definition ( you can't restrict the use of software by
platform ).
I would imagine that if your source code contained something as follows you would be ok:

#ifdef _MSC_VER
#include <windows.h> // this code is only allowed on an ms system
#endif

#ifdef __GNUC__
#include <unistd.h> // this is allowed anywhere
#endif

so compiling this source in windows will yes make it apply to the definition you described above. But compiling it with
gcc will make it ok, since it does not include any ms components.

todd