Re: gtk_file_chooser page faults (win32)
- From: Iago Rubio <iago rubio hispalinux es>
- To: gtk-app-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: gtk_file_chooser page faults (win32)
- Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 10:56:37 +0200
On Fri, 2004-08-13 at 09:27, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
And I really would like somebody who understands lawyerspeak to
read the license and make sure there are no clauses preventing the use
of the toolkit to build Free or Open Source software, or software that
competes with Microsoft's products, for instance...
Well, not being a lawyer, I've sawn something that prevents you to use
it in Open Source projects. At least it's my point of view.
"(ii) that the Redistributables only operate in conjunction with
Microsoft Windows platforms"
So if you compile your program with MS tools, and you include any MS
header/object file to ensure your users will be able to compile/run it,
it can't be used out of MS systems ( It can't be used on Linux/Wine as
It's against OS definition ( you can't restrict the use of software by
- Home page * http://www.iagorubio.com
- Last project * http://cssed.sourceforge.net
- GPG Keyserv * pgp.rediris.es id=0x909BD4DD
] [Thread Prev